Notice and Choice Principle Statement pursuant to the Personal Data Protection Act 2010 Keeping personal data of individuals (“donors and supporters”) secured is a top priority for all of us at YOLO Events. We hope this Notice helps you understand how we handle the personal data about our data subjects that we collect and how data subjects can control our disclosure of such data.
YOLO Events is subject to the Personal Data Protection Act 2010 and this Notice seeks to outline how we intend to deliver all the rights and protections and on what data subjects are entitled to.
Security of Personal Information
The security of personal data about you is our priority. We protect this data by maintaining physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that meet or exceed applicable laws. We train our employees in the proper handling of personal data. When we use other parties to provide services to us, we require them to protect the confidentiality of personal data that is transmitted to them.
Categories of personal data we collect and hold
The nature of the personal data we collect, and where it comes from, may include:
- Personal data collected from applications or other forms such as name, address, e-mail address, personal phone number, occupation, designation, etc.
The purposes for collecting your personal data:
The purpose for which personal data is collected and further processed depends on the nature of your relationship with us and/or our third party service providers. Your personal data may be used for the following purposes:-
- Sales Purposes via enquiry form submission
- to establish a relationship between you and us and/or our third party service providers
- for data processing and analyzing purposes
- for direct marketing and telemarketing purposes
- to respond to inquiries
- for such other purposes as permitted by applicable law or with your consent
- internal record keeping
- for all other purposes incidental and associated with any of the above.
Disclosure of your personal data:
Your personal data will be kept confidential but such personal data may be provided to third parties who carry out functions on YOLO Events behalf for the purposes set out below:-
- Sales acquisition
- to process enquiry form submission
- providing data to Customer Service providers
- providing data to Telemarketing agencies
- data used for the purposes of Letter shopping / bulk mailing / electronic mails agencies
- providing data to Database system providers
- providing data to e-Commerce providers
- providing data to Online payment gateway partners
- data processed for Crowd-funding platforms
- providing data to SMS service providers
- data provided to Direct marketing partners
- data used to process contributions through monthly payroll
- to any of our affiliates in and outside Malaysia who is/are connected to YOLO Events;
- to any agent, contractor, service provider, communications, clearing or payment system or
- intermediary bank we or our affiliates may use in connection with our or our affiliates’ business; to our affiliates and selected parties for the purpose of informing you of products or services which we believe will be of interest to you;
- to such parties as we or our affiliates may be required by law, court, regulator or legal process to disclose;
- to such parties as may be permitted under Malaysian law.
We may share your information with Authorized Third Party Service Providers. We provide services through third parties. These “Third Party Service Providers” perform functions on our behalf, like sending out and distributing our administrative and promotional mail, emails or text messages. We may share your Personally Identifiable Information with such Service Providers to process donations, fulfill orders, deliver packages, send postal or email materials, perform direct marketing activities or calls, administer contests, remove repetitive information on customer lists, analyze data, provide marketing assistance, provide search results and links, process credit card payments, operate the Website, troubleshoot, and provide customer service. We may also collect personal information from individuals and companies (“Affiliates”) with whom we have business relationships and may share your information with Service Providers to accomplish our administrative tasks.
a) Right to request access to personal data
You are entitled to request access to your personal data that is processed by us with reasonable written notice and we will revert within 14 working days.
b) Right to request correction of personal data
You are entitled to request the correction of your personal data that is held by us with reasonable written notice. With respect to this, you may:
i. request correction and/ or update of your personal data that is inaccurate, incomplete or out-of-date; and
ii. request retention of your personal data only as long as necessary for the fulfillment of the Purpose stated above.
Complaints and Disputes
If you have reason to believe that we have breached the principles as laid out in this notice, we urge you to raise it with us.
Your Privacy Preferences and How to Contact Us:
Please remember that we will protect your personal data regardless of your privacy preferences.
If: (a) you wish to find out more information, or raise any specific or general concerns about YOLO Events and this Notice; or (b) if you do not wish us or other parties to communicate YOLO Events information to you, you may:-
e-mail us at email@example.com; or
write to us. Please address the letter to:-
Plaza Vads, Level 21
1 Jalan Tun Mohd Fuad,
Taman Tun Dr Ismail,
60000, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Telephone No: +603 7733 6011
Are You Ready To Start Your Journey?
We cant wait to hear from you and see where this journey takes us.
Contact us today to apply or just to find out more.